1. A 22,800 square foot Town Hall and Community Center will be built on the property.
2. The Town contracted with Holladay Properties of Portage to create a plan for developing the land around the new Town Hall and Community Center.
3. The Planned Unit Development (PUD) calls for 40 units of single-family townhouses to be built along the north and east ends of the property and five multifamily Luxury Apartment Buildings with 138 units.
4. The Town of Burns Harbor received a $1 million Regional Economic Acceleration and Development Initiative (READI) grant for the project.
5. Burns Harbor finished building 1.2 miles of the Marquette Greenway Trail from the Portage City Line to Ind. 149.
6. A 0.8 mile section of the Trail will be built this year from Stanley Street northeast to the Little Calumet River overlook.
7. The cost of the 0.8 mile section will be paid for with a $722,000 grant from the Indiana Department of Transportation’s Mitigation Air Quality Program.
This incredible 28.12 acre parcel is situated in the heart of Burns Harbor and offers the perfect opportunity to build your dream development.
28 Acres FOR SALE across the STREET!
Each office is independently owned and operated. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Not intended to solicit sellers or buyers under written contract with another REALTOR®.